I started writing resumes for a living because I was getting interviews but not the job, so I decided to help job seekers by writing their resumes. I studied several courses with the Australian Writers Centre and loved learning about the different types of writing.
Copywriting interested me because it helps people get a result e.g. a job interview, a customer buying your product or service. I’ve always been interested in marketing and
There’s nothing better than a happy client who’s grateful for your help and getting positive results.
Who I am
I’m Susan Smyth (pronounced sm-eye-
I offer a professional, personally tailored and considered
So if you need copywriting support, why stress about doing it yourself when you have access to a professional copywriter.
Your marketing projects are much more valuable when created with purpose and professional knowledge.
Why work with me? What’s in it for you?
When working with me, you get someone who is:
- Supportive: I help you with your copywriting needs and am genuinely interested in helping you succeed
- More than 10 years of experience writing resumes for various industries. Also have 15+ years in business administration, writing, proofreading, and editing. I’ve worked in the private and public sectors as well as not for profits.
- Efficient: I know how to manage your copywriting projects, so you can focus on running your business
- Open: I tailor solutions to your specific needs
- Committed: I’m happy to invest the time required to understand your business goals and provide you with solutions that help you grow
- Knowledgeable: I’m a member of The Clever Copywriting Community, where I’m continually learning tips and tricks to apply to my work
I’m a member of Kate Toon’s The Clever Copywriting Community and the Australian Writers Centre’s Copywriting Community.
Here’s what my clients say about me. To read more feedback, head to my Testimonials page.
I was impressed with the efficiency and precision of my resume, updated by Words By Susan. Susan is a perfectionist that has created a resume that will open new opportunities for me in the future, more so than had I composed it myself. I would thoroughly recommend her work to anyone either looking for work or seeking to advance their career.
Jamie H, Perth
I recently asked Susan to proofread some website copy I’d looked at too many times to confidently proofread myself. And thank goodness – because she caught a few things that I’d overlooked – NOT a good look for a copywriter! Susan worked quickly but thoroughly on a super-fast turnaround and I was super grateful knowing I could send my client her copy without fear of typos. Thanks so much, Susan!
I engaged Susan to do some sub-contracting work for me in the form of research for long-form blog articles. Being one of my first sub-contracting experiences I was a little nervous, but as it turns out I had absolutely nothing to worry about. Susan turned around some great research for me with lightning-fast speed. She made my life so much easier with lots of looming deadlines and I won’t hesitate to use Susan again for research, proofreading and copywriting.
Cath Fowler, Cath Fowler Marketing, Coffs Harbour
Want to know more?
- I moved to Western Australia from Victoria for love
- I’m a word nerd and love reading and writing
- I was the English brain in my family and constantly asked to spell, edit and proofread their work
- I’m known for my bad puns and quirky sense of humour (ask my husband!)
- I love chocolate, coffee and white wine.